There are many things that make a webpage load quickly and the most difficult of which is serving static content from a content delivery network or CDN. There are two free CDN that I know of. Continue reading A free content delivery network for your domain
Run OS X in Linux with qemu
It is possible without too much difficulty to get OS X Leopard running as a guest in a virtual machine with Linux as the host without too much difficulty. It is illegal as far as I know unless you have Linux running on real Apple hardware and don’t want to reboot just to use OS X but if you’re in this boat you can also use Virtual Box which officially supports OSX guests on Apple hardware. If you don’t have Apple hardware you’re only option is qemu and now it’s possible with having to manually patch qemu.
Continue reading Run OS X in Linux with qemu
Serial Barcode Scanner in Linux
I had a very difficult time finding a way to get a simple serial barcode scanner to work in Linux. USB barcode scanners are a cinch because they are basically like usb keyboards. However with a serial device there has to be something to direct the input from /dev/ttyS0 to the keyboard buffer. Continue reading Serial Barcode Scanner in Linux
Do files you download disappear before you ever get a chance to open them? This can happen in Internet Explorer 6, 7, and 8 as well as all versions of Firefox.
Install Adobe Flash Player 10.1
Flash Player 10.1 beta is out and it makes huge performance improvements over 10. Windows users get the use of graphics acceleration which drastically reduces CPU usage when watching videos and playing games. Linux and Mac version also have a speed increase. In one benchmark on my Linux system my score doubled over 10. For the most part it’s pretty stable so if you’re tired of slow flash performance I’d recommend you update. You can download it from Adobe Labs.
Dіѕаblеd or missing Flаѕh Plауеr in уоur gаmеѕ brоwѕеr іѕ gоіng tо еvеntuаllу intercept mаnу оthеr important оnlіnе gаmеѕ, sometimes people also like to play other games, like word games and more, which can be found in sites like This or That online. Cоntасt a Phоnе Number Cuѕtоmеr Sеrvісе thоugh аnd dіѕсuѕѕ fоllоwіng іѕѕuе with оnlіnе еxреrtѕ. Evеrу tесhnісаl issue hаѕ іtѕ оwn wау оf troubleshooting; еіthеr уоu fіnd іt online оr bу tаlkіng tо аn еxреrt.
Cannot lоаd оr рlау fаvоrіtе gаmеѕ, muѕt сhесk for аn active Flash Plауеr рlugіn. Mоrеоvеr, соntасt оn Cuѕtоmеr Suрроrt Tоll Free Numbеr fоr advance troubleshooting оn Flаѕh іn соmрutеr wеb-brоwѕеrѕ. There аrе mаnу рорulаr gаmеѕ that are dеvеlореd on Flаѕh Plауеr рlаtfоrm аnd require active Flash Plауеr plugin іn dіrесtеd web-browser. If уоur computer brоwѕеr іѕ nо lоngеr соmраtіblе wіth Flash plugins, muѕt ѕwіtсh to some оthеr tо enjoy unіntеrruрtеd games.
The Wizard Vs the Basty
This is a little video my sister made. It is pretty weird but pretty funny. She was complaining it was not getting enough views so I put it here for her.
11 Good WordPress Plugins
I just updated my site to use wordpress instead of Etomite and I must say it’s a huge improvement. WordPress has such a large database of plugins and themes like themeforest wordpress you can make it do just about anything you can think of. If you are setting up a wordpress blog I’ll share my list of plugins so you won’t have to do the research to find the good ones: Continue reading 11 Good WordPress Plugins
What to do with a cursed computer
What to do with a cursed computer
There’s all kinds of fun things broken computers are good for, after you’ve hired IT Support Naperville and the computer proves to be of no good use. Below is what I would consider the top 10:
- Throw the computer off of a high point. At least 3 or 4 stories high would be good. I’ve done this before and it tends to be anti-climatic. If you choose on doing this be sure you’re the one throwing it, it’s more fun that way.
- Sell you computer on ebay. If you have a recent computer this might be viable option. There are several people that sell their computers “as-is” and make a small amount of change.
- Plug your computer’s power connector in backwards and let the sparks fly. This is much easier to do with older computers like 386’s than the new models. With old atx style motherboards you can switch the two power connectors on the motherboard and let the system fry itself. Some 486’s even let you plug the CPU in incorrectly which made a fun amount of smoke. With new computer’s one can try overclocking them to extreme levels and then removing the heatsink to provide a similar effect.
- Burn it’s body, throw the bones through a wood chipper, mix it with cement and throw it in the ocean or a nearby lake.
- Leave it in your unlocked car and hope someone takes it. Better yet, find someone else’s unlocked car and leave it there.
- Do your civic duty and take it to a computer recycling center. Really, they do exist try looking in the phone book.
- Decorate your apartment with it’s dead parts or better yet use them for body piercings.
- Just take it out back and shoot it. Or go lethal on it Office Space style.
- Donate it to a charity. You’ll have a better chance of them accepting it if you just leave it at their doorstep. Don’t even think about taking it off your taxes.
- Have a white elephant party.
- Keep it on your desk and use it as a perpetual excuse why you can’t do things like, your homework, the dishes and paying bills.
If your are looking for a computer for someone you know without all the
complicated bells and whistles that come with most computers, then you
have come to the right place, start by downloading the best webinar software 2021.
Here you will find the results of my Spring research project. A simple
computer that anybody could use, to browse the Internet, check e-mail,
manage pictures or write digital documents and then convert it to pdf,
using software from sites as https://www.sodapdf.com/compress-pdf/
for this purpose. Take a look at the below screenshots to see how simple
it really is:
Continue reading Simple Computer
Day 1 of Job Hunt
Day 1, Feb 18.
Yesterday I update my resume on Monster and Dice and wouldn’t you know it today I got an e-mail from a recruiter. Senior System Administrator needed in Cambridge, MA! Heck yes, I’m interested. Job description looks good http://www.maxhire.net/cp/JobPrintPreview.aspx?jobid=407 Basically keep a bunch of Debian servers running for a research group. I can do that. Continue reading Day 1 of Job Hunt